Saturday, April 7, 2012

[Review] Canmake Colorful Nails: no. 53 Peppermint Cream


I just went to Watsons the other day, and I found that Canmake Colorful Nails series are having a sale at 2 for S$12.90 (Otherwise, it'd be S$17.80 for 2), and recently being infatuated with nail polish, decided to snoop them into my basket. The two colours I picked are no. 53 Peppermint Cream (this review!) and no. 52 in Sandy Brown. The Canmake official descriptions are given below:
These are my very first Canmake nail polish, and I was pretty excited to grab them. Canmake has a pretty good reputation amongst the Japanese drugstore brands, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Took me about 2-3 layers to get the following effect:


No. 53 Peppermint Cream is a pretty pastel emerald colour. While the official site used a rather pastel sky blue icon, the colour's as you can see in my picture above, has a greenish undertone. Under sunlight, and to some people, the colour actually does seems to be closer to a shade of pastel blue than a paster green, but with comparison, it is pretty clear that the green undertone stands out.
Pros:
[o] Jelly like texture provides not just extra shine, but also ease of layering.
[o] The brush cap might be a little small, but the brush is just nice for me. Not too hard, not too soft, and picks up a good amount of polish.
[o] Small, easy to keep with it's square design.
[o] Once completely dry, not prone to chipping.

Cons:
[x] Rather expensive for a small bottle if it's bought at usual price (S$8.90). I can easily top up to get a much bigger O.P.I or China Glaze.
[x] Take note: the more layers you have, the longer it takes for it to be completely dried and fixed; if you're not careful, the layers could slide if you press too hard on it, and you'd have to start over again.
[x] I heard that the bottle dries up pretty quickly? I'm not sure since it's my first purchase, but you might want to keep that in mind.

Overall:
As a relative beginner, I think this nail polish is pretty good, for the brush makes it easy not to go out of the boundaries (or rather, not too much anyway). And I love this pastel colour! If you're fond of easy to layer kind of nail polish, or just want to try a certain colour, you can consider this nail polish for it's small size and easy to glide on liquid formula. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments/questions?